Compathos Student Media Contest
WIN A TRIP TO
FOR AN EXCITING 14 DAY CULTURALLY IMMERSIVE MEDIA EXPEDITION!
How to Enter
- Select category for submission.
- Enter project description, biography and photos.
- Carefully follow contest rules for timeliness and technical submission.
- Photojournalism: up to 10 photos . Please send links to a digital photo repository such as Flicker, with detailed description of your project. (Make sure you specify folder containing photos)
- Journalism: Submit article, journal or writing based on cross cultural awareness, environmental sustainability or social action.
- Musician: Attach an mp3 and description of your work, any experience or interests working with diverse musical forms and instrumentation.
- Filmmakers: supply Youtube links and project descriptions of your work, along with skill sets such as shooting, editing, lighting, directing, and co-directors and producers
- Producer and Interactive: Have you produced media that required bringing multiple components together whether off line or on line? Digital stories are multimedia narratives that combine photographs, video, sound, music, text, and often a narrative voice. These stories are shared across multiple platforms and formats using current digital technologies such as social media, Youtube, Vimeo, podcasts, and other electronic distribution systems. Tell us about your overall production experience or how you’ve combined various forms of digital media to produce a compelling narrative across multiple channels and provide a links to your example.
- Two submissions maximum, each category submission must be made separately.
- All themes must deal with cause awareness, environmental sustainability or social action.
- Entries to include category, description /synopsis (500 words max.); run-time, co-directors and producers, contact information.
- Short biography which includes media training and background, skills you hope to develop, your goals and interests.(500 words max.)
- Film must be no longer than 20 minutes (we encourage 5-15 minutes average).
- ** Please note: All form entries must be completed - you should receive visual confirmation while filling out the form. If you do not visually see confirmation, you are able to retry BEFORE submitting the entire form.
- Entry Period June 5 - September 29, 2013 [Extended]
- Public voting period- [TBD]
- Judging period - September 30 - October 15, 2013
- Winners Announced - October 20, 2013
- Trip Abroad – December 27, 2013 – January 10, 2014
These winners will be announced on Compathos/contest page and Facebook events page.
The contest and entries will remain live for 60 days after the contest period has ended.